The allotment of seats are under two heads
1. By The Additional Director of Medical Education / Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk , selects 65 seats under the single window system.
2. The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Private Professional Colleges Association – Health Sciences,” Prasanna Enclave” First fl;oor, No.30, Bharathi Avenue Second Street, Kotturpuram, Chennai – 600 085 is a consortium of private Health Sciences professional colleges in Tamil Nadu affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University formed under the directions of the supreme court Judgement Islamic Academy of Education Vs State of Karnataka. The Association has been registered under the Tamil Nadu societies Act 1975 . SI. No. 175/2004 Dt: 30.04.2004 admits the remaining 35 seats.(www.tnppcahs.org).
The Method of selection:
- Ranking will be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained by the eligible candidates in the prescribed science subjects in the qualify examinations reduced to the base of 200 marks. .
- In the case of candidates who have furnished the mark sheets of the qualifying examination, only in GRADES, the minimum marks of the grades alone will be taken in to consideration while determining the marks in the science Subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Botany and Zoology .
- The Marks obtained through different boards will be taken into account after normalization.
Determination of Rank of candidates obtaining equal marks:
I cases, where two or more candidates obtain equal aggregate marks for 200, the rank of such candidates shall be determined on the basis of the following order, namely:
a. Percentage in Biology & Zoology taken together in +2 examination
b. Percentage in Chemistry in + 2 examination
c. Percentage in Fourth optional subject +2 examination
d. Date of Birth – weightage given to seniority in age .
Method of Admission:
Admission will be made only on the basis of rank list prepared by the Consortium. After the publication of Merit list, the candidates should contact the respective colleges.
Application costs Rs. 200/- along with information broucher Registration fee fixed as Rs. 500/- The Application form is downloadable www.tnppcahs.org candidates using downloaded application form shall send Rs. 700/- Demand Draft along with the application form .The Demand draft should be drawn on any nationalized bank in favor of “ TNPPCA-HS” payable at Chennai.
i. Candidates should have passed higher Secondary certificate Examination ( Academic) conducted by Tamil Nadu State Board or any other equivalent examination with following group of subject.
- Physics , Chemistry, Botany, Zoology (or) b. Physics , Chemistry, Biology.
ii. Candidates who have passed any other equivalent examinations with same group of subject should submit an eligibility certificate obtained from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University before admission to any institution for the course of their choice .
Candidates should have completed the age of seventeen years on before 31st December 2012. Evidence should be produced .
The eligibility criteria for admission shall be as prescribed by The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University . ( www.tnmgrmu.ac.in)
The Chairman,Committee on fixation of fee in respect of self financing professional colleges, F1, Dote Staff quarters , Gandhi Mandapam Road, Chennai – 25. have fixed the fees structure for the medical and Para Medical courses and the same has been followed. The other fees like Hostel fees, Transport fees , Mess Fees are in accordance to Chettinad Health City norms.