1. It is the duty of the Cell to refer the UGC guidelines for International Students Ė Generic guidelines of admission of international students and to follow it up in coordination with the Registrarís office.
2. The Cell shall get the details from the Registrarís office for every academic year viz. No. of International students enrolled for each course, Name of the student, Name of the country to which he/she belongs, etc.
3. It is the duty of the Cell to organize familiarization sessions for freshly enrolled students prior to the commencement of the academic session.
4. This Cell shall serve as an Intermediary between foreign students and other stake holders such as FRRO/FRO, banks, landlords of private housing accommodation, etc. In other words, the Cell have to resolve the difficulties faced by international students and to provide necessary assistance in areas such as completion of admission formalities, to help them in finding accommodation, opening of Bank accounts, counseling/orientation etc.
5. It is the duty of the Cell to inform the international students about the dress code, hostel rules, rules on anti-ragging, etc.
6. It is the duty of the Cell to provide inputs on specific and relevant information about the region, city and suburbs, local customs, culture, language, civil facilities, etc.